VMT Oceania Vision
As professionally trained Voice Movement Therapy practitioners, our vision is to pioneer and grow the work of Voice Movement Therapy in Australasia by offering:
• workshops, courses & training
• individual & group sessions
Our accreditation is with the Voice Movement Therapy Foundation Training, Marthas Vineyard, USA. For more information refer to our link page. We look forward to introducing this dynamic system to you. Click to contact Trish Watts or Sophie Martin
What is Voice Movement Therapy?
It is an energetic expressive arts system based on the artistic and therapeutic qualities of the singing voice. It is holistic and integrative in approach and grounded in the body. The work was developed by Paul Newham of UK and draws on the pioneering work of singing teacher Alfred Wolfsohn, actor Roy Hart and psychologist Carl Jung.
Who is Voice Movement Therapy for?
It is for those who wish to discover, reclaim, release and give voice to the myriad of expressions we are capable of as human beings. It is particularly wonderful for those desiring to sing; to befriend fear, judgment and vulnerability, often associated with being heard.
Benefits of Voice movement Therapy
- Renewed personal confidence & self esteem
- Reduction of performance anxiety
- Stress management
- Clarity and focus
- Expanding the range of voice accessing a richer palette for expression
- Integration and understanding of emotion, psyche, spirit and instinct
- Finding and releasing one’s natural voice power
- Acceptance of oneself and story
- Relief from pain associated with physical/psychological energy blocks